- Oversees daily summer camp activities, managing the virtual presentations for (large and small group activities) and in-person components for a total of three hours each day, as well as coordinating and managing community volunteers.
- Makes use of a faith-based Creative Arts Camp curriculum (weekly themes: Good Neighbor/Holy Helper/Caring for Creation) to provide multiple creative arts experiences for up to 50 elementary school aged children, via Zoom platform, utilizing music , drama, art, arts and crafts, and dance.
- Works with RCIC members to develop a weekly schedule for summer camp participants, including daily virtual activities on Zoom and one weekly in-person gathering for lunch and outdoor gaming activities at Helen Mackell Playfield.
- Together with RCIC members, supervises up to 10 Youth Workers (aged 16-21) in the following areas:
- Serving as camp counselors who help supervise the children, and provide support to the Camp Director
- Providing group building orientation, and planning for summer camp activities during week 1
- Leading daily video presentations to the campers and participating in pre- and post-camp preparations, evaluation and planning during weeks 2-4
- guiding evaluation of summer camp program with surveys of participants, parents, and volunteers and coordinating career development activities for youth workers during week 5
- arranging for all paperwork, timesheets, and reports required by Youthworks to be submitted in a timely fashion.
- Reports to RCIC Summer Camp team; completes time sheets for Youth workers and report to RCIC treasurer.
- Orders supplies, tracks expenses and coordinates payment of invoices with the RCIC treasurer.
- Prepares a final summer camp report for the RCIC.
- Participates in a COVID-19 training and ensures that proper protocols are complied with.
- Willingness to implement a faith-based curriculum
- Prior experience as a camp director or teacher
- College degree
- Experience with children or youth
- Supervisory experience
- Computer literate, familiar with word processing/spreadsheet/Zoom applications
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
- Strong planning, organizational, and communication skills are essential
- First-Aid training and certification
- Up to 30 hours of planning (group meetings via Zoom, emails, phone calls, individual planning time) from May 20-June 27. Must complete a plan to incorporate the curriculum into a daily activity schedule for campers, and daily work assignments for Camp counselors.
- 6 hours a day for 5 weeks from June 28-July 30
Salary: $25.00 per hour
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com